Necessary tools to get the above image on WDTV before playing the movie.
1. WDTV (classic not Live)
2. A small and fast flashdisk (<=1gb)
3. WDXLTV http://rapidshare.com/files/303507898/1 ... .5.8.1.zip
or or EXT3BOOT http://www.mediafire.com/?q2tdtqy2md2
Optional newest root.bin for EXT3BOOT: http://rapidshare.com/files/297452463/r ... .10fix.ZIP
to replace existing rootbin of EXT3BOOT, you don't need that for WDXLTV.
4. LaurentG: http://lg.hc.free.fr/WDTVHD/download/La ... v1.3.2.zip
(If you will not use wired or wireless network or external dvd drive then you can download a joined, optimized and preset copy of WDXLTV+LaurentG from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4467263/WDXLTV%20NONET.zip
5. TViXiE: V1.3.3 download/TViXiE-1.3.3-setup.zip
6. TViXiE Asssistant and AeonStar Template (optional) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=816
7. Notepad++ http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... irror=garr
(optional but this is a great software)
1. Format the flashdisk as Fat32.
2 .Extract WDXLTV+LaurentG to the root of the flashdisk.
3. Insert flashdisk while WDTV is unplugged and then plug WDTV don't ever cut power or remove flashdisk while upgrading.
4. Meanwhile install TViXiE if you haven't done yet. Choose WDTV in options/general/model. Close TViXiE
5a. Open TViXiE installation folder. (C:\program files\TViXiE) Open models.xml with notepad, in the section of WD HD TV replace background file name with "wd_tv.jpg" (Skip this if you prefer 5b))
5b. Open flashdisk root to find laurentgconf.txt and load it with notepad++ (normal notepad may spoil the unix file) Find [# TRIGGER_FILE="wd_tv.jpg"] remove the # and replace wd_tv.jpg with what is written in your models.xml under WD HD TV section. (Skip this if you prefered 5a)
6. Install TViXiE Assistant and extract AeonStar template to template\movie\ under TViXiE installation folder. (This step is optional to get media flags from the movies)
7. Run TViXiE, select the folder with the movies. Each movie shoud be in a seperate folder i.e: D\Movies\Matrix\Matrix.avi. You must select Matrix folder here.
8. Right click on the folder of the movie in the middle black area, get movie information, select your favourite providers and template. Start the scraping. It's finished when background is rendered. (here you can select more than 1 movie by pressing ctrl key). If TMDB doesn't give you the fanart, search for a wide image for the movie and save it as fanart.tvixie under the movie folder then apply a template to it. Now you have a background that can show in your WDTV. You can edit the background in TViXiE by right clicking in the movie sheet view and selecting "edit movie information"
You may stop here or apply next steps to get media flags automatically.
(edit: tvixie 1.3.3 creates media flags on its own now)
9. Close TViXiE. OpenTViXiE assistant select the folder where your movie(s) are stored. Click process folder. Also select "Get runtime from movie" if you could not get from your provider.
10. Open TViXiE again select movies that you processed and apply AeonStar template to them.
Now you can plug your hard disk to WDTV and enjoy backgrounds.
You must keep the flashdisk always plugged though.
If you are having trouble in safe removal of the HDD from USB you must download v1.70 of evenosd.app.bin from that link: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=261153&filename=event-osd-r170-wdtv.zip