Dune and new ver 1.3.1

All about Dune Media Player

Dune and new ver 1.3.1

Postby blueking50 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Here is what i have with the new version 1.3.1

I had to add the dune_text file to the root of my movie folder. The new version adds the text file to each folder but not the root folder. The text says this

Here is what the text says for the root folder

use_icon_view = yes
num_cols = 5
num_rows = 2
icon_top = 15
icon_bottom = 0
caption_font_size = small
text_bottom = 0

If you don't it wont look right. it looked like this

Only thing is in the bottom pictures i circled the words. If you hit play or enter nothing happens. I had to use the down arrow key to select the actual file. The picture doesn't change just the words at the bottom.
blueking50

Share On:

Re: Dune and new ver 1.3.1

Postby mlknez » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:06 pm

This version still does not work with music at all. I select a folder and choose get info. It shows no template to use and thus will not get info
mlknez

Postby blueking50 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm

I don't have any music on my Dune sorry.

So basically what i have found with version 1.3.1 is

1) Have to add the dune_folder.txt file to the root folder and delete the icon tvixie or else it looks funky

2) Have to add . to some of the files in the movie folder or else you will have to hit arrow key on Dune a couple of time until the movie file name is shown at bottom to play file.

Now after changing this i don't now how it will effect tvixie if you need to go back and edit the files again.
A lot of work for someone with a lot of movies but many, many thanks for the time and effort put into compatibility for the Dune players. Looking nice
blueking50

Postby williamsw2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 am

I just received my dune and used tvixie to generate the cover art and backgrounds. But on my Dune, the movies are showing as regular folder, none of the art or backgrounds appear. Is there a setting in the dune that you had to use to get it to work???
williamsw2

Postby mac » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:47 pm

hi,

yes you must go in the setup from the dune.

there you must go to the point "looks" i mean, in german "aussehen" and than you must change the showing structure to icons. its very easy i found. :D

and don't forget the dune_folder.txt to implate in the first ordner structure you can found it here in this thread

i hope that was it , what you mean

sorry for my bad english---i'm german

gratz mac
mac

Postby LJN » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:02 pm

I have a WHS Homeserver and before I have a Tvix7000 and all movies are displayed by Tvixie latest version!

Now I have a Dune Base 3.0 and I am dont really understand how get the Tvixie information be used bye the Dune? Could someone help me step by step what I have to do? I have put the dune_folder.txt in the "root" of my movielibery.

Thanks for your help in advance!

/Lennart
LJN

Postby Dragon777 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi,

I added the dune_folder.txt just as you suggested to the root directory of my movie folder. But it still looks wrong with the covers overlapping on top and the Dune folder icons behind the covers. What went wrong?

Thx
D
Dragon777

Return to Dune