LaurentG

All about WD TV HD Media Player : Firmware, How to, ...

LaurentG

Postby shinobigarth » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:42 am

cant get it to install correctly, i followed the guide, put it on the flashdrive, loaded it up but doesnt seem to be installing. how do you know for sure if it does?

im pretty much just trying to do whatever i can to get the TVixie things to work is all. they will show up under pictures but WONT ever show up when looking for a movie in the video section.

im on 1.02.11.WDLXTV-0.5.7

please help!
Last edited by shinobigarth on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinobigarth

Share On:

Re: LaurentG \ TVixie wont work

Postby coolstream » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:26 am

Which guide did you use?

I have found this and hopefully it will help you.
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Re: LaurentG

Postby shinobigarth » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 am

that is actually the guide i followed. i followed as best i could and im pretty sure i did everything right. the WDTV is displaying what i believe to be the correct version number (first post).
shinobigarth

Postby coolstream » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 am

From the info you gave about your WDTV FW, you seem to be using the corrrect version.

At the moment, I am trying to scan through that thread, but the googleads are preventing the page from loading fully and I can't open page 2 at all. I will try again tomorrow.

It certainly looks as if not everyone is having success with the hack, yet others appear to be running it successfully.

Sorry that I can help first hand. As I explained in my PM to you, I don't have a WDTV myself and therefore am relying on informstion I can find online.

If other WDTV users want to try this hack and contribute to the thread, we would all be very grateful. :)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Postby skar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 am

I think it is worth making clear that the WDTV and the WDTV Live are not the same.

They both have homebrew firmwares, but only the WDTV has a bespoke OSD (On Screen Display) which supports back ground movie info pages. Hopefully the WDTV Live has one incoming, no ETA on that.

The only way to get the background movie info pages on the WDTV, is to install the homebrew firmware and the LaurentG "stuff".
skar

Return to WD TV HD Media Player