Large icons

All about TVIX 6500/7000 : Firmware, How to, ...

Large icons

Postby Tom.B#12 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:58 am

Hi
I have a N1 and wonder if you can resize the icons in the movie folder? Now there are several small so the picture on the cover are small and blurred. I want some more solid.

Tom
Tom.B#12

Share On:

Re: Large icons

Postby coolstream » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi and welcome to tvixie forum!

TViXThe size of the icons cannot be be changed within the GUI itself because the grid is fixed at a certain amount of icons.

TViXiE However, there are things that you can do to ensure that you get the best possible images:
1. | Options | Image | Increase the Cover Image quality up to 100% (this will increase the filesize, but nothing too dramatic)

2. Increase the size of created icons. (My personal choice is to double the dimensions) This means editing Models.xml.
For N1, edit the M-6600N section so that you have this
Code: Select all
<Model Name="TViX M-6600N">
    <Background FileName="tvix.jpg">
      <Width>1280</Width>
      <Height>720</Height>
    </Background>
    <Folder FileName="folder.jpg">
      <Width>294</Width>
      <Height>400</Height>
    </Folder>
  </Model>

3. Use the best quality folder images you can find from your scrape. Providers like IMPAwards and TMDB often return much better quality images whilst the likes of IMdB are more like thumbnails in comparison.

4. If you are creating your own or making edits of existing folder images, remember to save them in the new folder size. (HINT: Drag and drop of a saved image onto folder view in tvixie will save the new folder image in the format you have designated in you models.xml edit and will automatically insert the new image into the tvix.jpg inside that folder)

I hope this helps ;)
Welcome back to TViXiE!
coolstream

Return to TViX 6500/7000